Trip Giveaway – Iceland
Terms and Conditions
In the hereinafter described Terms and Conditions for the Iceland Trip Giveaway the term ‘winner’ refers to the person who will be selected by Arcticus to have won the giveaway. The term ‘travel companion’ refers to the person chosen by the winner to accompany him/her on this trip. By accepting the win of the giveaway and thereby the trip to Iceland, the winner and the travel companion agree to the following terms and conditions.
The winner or chosen travel companion must …
- have a valid driving license for Iceland, and have been a holder of a valid driving license for at least 1 year
- be able to pay a security deposit of 2500€ through his/her credit card when picking up the camping vehicle
- be driving the van on their own to follow the event whilst following the driving laws of Iceland
The winner and travel companion must …
- be between 20 to 40 years of age at the time of starting the trip
- have their own travel insurances for travelling to Iceland
- be eligible for travel to Iceland in accordance with the visa and Covid-19 entry requirements
- cover expenses for fuel and food, surpassing the 200€ per person credit provided by Arcticus during the event, on their own
Included in the trip giveaway are activities such as a glacier hiking tour and a kayaking tour. The winner takes part in these activities as well as the full event including driving the circle of Iceland at their own risk. The winner and travel companion agree that Arcticus or Vanlife Iceland assume no risk of personal injury, damage or death during the trip to Iceland.
Arcticus provides a budget of up to 500€ per person for the flights to Iceland. This should cover flights from most European destinations. For flights that will cost more than 500€, the winner and travel companion will be asked to pay the difference.
All participants of the giveaway agree to their data to be kept until the end of the Iceland trip on August 27th 2022. This is for the purpose of selecting a second winner if necessary in case the first winner does not meet the Terms and Conditions mentioned previously. The data will be stored securely in accordance with the UK guide to the General Data Protection Regulation and the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The winner and travel companion will be asked to take pictures of the experience with Arcticus’ products and allow these to be shared on Arcticus’ social media.
It is recommended that the winner and travel companion familiarise themselves with the local driving laws and potential road hazards in Iceland by accessing the guidance of the Icelandic Transport Authority. Furthermore, it is recommended that the winner and travel companion stay up to date with the latest Covid-19 restrictions in Iceland including entry requirements and local guidance. Moreover, reading into the Icelandic culture and adapting to the local standards is recommended.